As you know, here at Newsnibbles, we love a good vampire yarn. And here’s one coming your way this Christmas!
Death is for the Living
…when ‘here be monsters’ doesn’t only mark the unknown.
By day, Cristina Batista is a deck girl on a Caribbean charter yacht, with all the sun, smiles, and steel drum music that entails. By night, she and her crew hunt the monsters that prey in the dark: the powerful vampire clans of the New World.
Unfortunately Cristina’s past is hunting her in turn – and it’s catching up. Without her partner, sometime pirate, sometime lordling, and ex-vampire, Jean Vignaud, Cristina wouldn’t simply be dead. She’d be something she fears far more.
Cristina and Jean are experienced, motivated, and resourceful. One faction wants them despite it. The other wants them because of it.
Death is for the Living releases 26-December-2018!
“Yes, pirates, vampires, vampire hunters and storms at sea can exist within the pages of one book — and they do it so well in Death is for the Living. It’s most highly recommended.” ~Readers’ Favorite 5 star review by Jack Magnus
“I wanted to be mad at the author for the ending; how could they do this! But it was perfect! It ended the way the whole book was written, with mystique.” ~Readers’ Favorite 5 star review by Peggy Jo Wipf
About the author:
Born in Gibraltar and raised on a yacht around the coasts of the Atlantic, I’m an author, martial artist, and introvert. In between the necessary making of money to allow the writing of more books, I can usually be found stowing away on a spaceship, halfway to the further galaxy.
Science-fiction and urban fantasy are my favourite genres to write in. I grew up on a rich diet of Anne McCaffrey, Tolkien, Dorothy Dunnett, and Jack Higgins, and finally started to write my own books aged fourteen. I can’t point the finger at any one book or author that set me in my current direction, but I blame my tendency to write characters who favour drastically practical solutions on some mix of those. If I can toss in a bit of gender- and genre-bending, so much the better. Status quo is boring.
Author and characters:
- Author website: http://jcsteelauthor.com
- Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjcsteel/
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/steel_jo
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/JCSteel
- Character interview with Cristina Batista: http://jcsteelauthor.com/vampires/cristina-batista/
- Character interview with Jean Vignaud: http://jcsteelauthor.com/vampires/character-interview-jean-vignaud/
Buy the book:
- Death is for the Living / Amazon: http://smarturl.it/diftl
- Death is for the Living / iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/death-is-for-the-living/id1446187458
- Death is for the Living / Barnes&Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/death-is-for-the-living-j-c-steel/1129968480
- Death is for the Living / Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/death-is-for-the-living
- Death is for the Living / Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/911620